"We are hard pressed on everyside, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."

2 Corinthians 4:8-9

Saturday, April 25, 2009

To make a long story short. . .

The computer is fixed! I took the 2.5 hour bus ride to Mazatenango (again) and got the computer reformatted, and it appears to be running well now! The extended version of this story includes a night of no sleep prior to leaving, passing the time by catching a movie at the theatre that turned out to be the worst movie I'd ever seen- (yes, even worse than Open Water, and I was the ONLY one in the theatre), delays in the repairs that meant I had to stay overnight, staying in two different hotels (the first one was stifling hot, full of mosquitoes, and after 2.5 hours of laying in bed counting the passing seconds I got up and left) and then approximately 4 hours after checking in to the other hotel I got up and caught the 4AM bus to Santiago since I couldn't sleep anyway. To top it off I'm now battling a head cold and my sleep schedule is so thrown off I think the weekend is going to be a bust.
In more positive news, I caught a direct bus to Mazatenango and only paid 20, both unexpected joys. Tono, the computer repair guy was so incredibly nice! He let me play the Incredibles on Xbox while waiting for the computer, after I left the first hotel he let me back into the store where he was STILL working on the computer, even though they had been closed for hours, and after it was done he drove me around to 5 different hotels before we found a place with a vacancy. I invited him to come stay with us in Santiago if he wants to come out- I hope he takes me up on the offer!

Jared

No comments: