"We are hard pressed on everyside, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."

2 Corinthians 4:8-9

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Q & A

Many of you have asked for updates on things that I have written about so here we go.

Graham:
Graham is doing fine. We had two sessions with the child psychologist and both times he did well. We tried to trigger the trauma to see if there was anything there for him and nothing came up. We may meet again down the road when he is verbal, but for now there isn't much else we can do.

Regarding the "I like me" post:
I have now heard from enough friends who were shocked to read that I don't think of myself as an introspective person, that I was forced to reconsider my perception of myself. I dug into my memory bank, back to college days, and tried to remember how I would have described myself, and sure enough, I definitely would've called myself analytical and possibly introspective. So what has changed between then and now? Answer; the people I surround myself with. My dear friends here are some of the most deep and reflective friends I've ever had and I have been comparing myself to them. So, I guess the journey of self discovery is never ending. Thanks to good friends who help us know ourselves better :)

Housing:
We are currently living with my aunt and uncle and cousins who have so generously opened their home to us. Initially we moved in for safety and sanity while my attacker was still at large. Having the event 4 weeks behind us now we are feeling ready for our own space, however, we aren't quite sure where to go. Returning to our old place is not an option and buying a house just cannot move fast enough for us. So, if you are looking for ways to pray, pray for housing.

My song for today is "Sorrow," by Bad Religion. The chorus of this song has been playing in my head a lot over the last 4 weeks. I prefer the acoustic version, but listen to whatever you like. A bunch of our friends have a folk/bluegrass band and they play my favorite rendition of this song, but their CD has not made it into my hands yet.

2 comments:

Amelia Marie said...

You don't know me but I went to school with Kari and my brother & SIL know you, Paul & Katrina Yoder. I want you to know that you have been on my heart and i think of you often! I pray you will find peace and through this horrific experience, you can help bring healing to someone else who might have experienced the same. Take care! -Amy

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.